Step by step instructions on how to create an alert in Propel
If you're more of a visual learner, here you go :)
Otherwise, here are step by step instructions on how to create a monitoring alert:
- Go to the Media Monitoring page.
- Click on the + button in the upper left corner.
- Give your new alert a name and select the account that it is for.
For PR agency teams, each account usually represents one client. For in-house teams, accounts are a bit more flexible. Learn more here.
- Choose whether you would like to start with an online, social, or broadcast alert (depending on the subscription plan that you have). Then click on the Create Online/Social/Broadcast Alert button on that tab.
- From the Add New Alert page, you can select the sources you would like to track, block specific sites, and group mentions - this refers to grouping articles with the same content (like newswires) together as a single mention.
- Add the keywords and operators you want to track in the text box labeled Query. Keywords are the actual words you want to be mentioned in your coverage and operators are words like AND, OR, and NOT that refine your search. Always put quotation marks around the keywords and the operators in uppercase. There are in-depth instructions on how to write a query on the right side of the Create New Alert screen.
Example of a query used by Propel's in-house PR team
7. Once your alert is ready to go, click Finish and voila! Watch the mentions start to populate on your media monitoring page.